Obama lies again – plans to close ICBM Squadron


What could go wrong with this? Despite Promises, Obama Planning to Close ICBM Squadron is the headline.  As China goes on a military spending spree, and the good times with Putin have gone south, Obama plans to take full advantage of the treaty to leave us as vulnerable as possible. Let’s keep these Senators in our scope for defeat Vote tally Count Cloture Senate START Treaty APPROVED!

First, dismantle our top military Obama gets rid of more Generals  and then the “tell” came last month:

Tim Giardina, 3-Star Navy Admiral, Fired As No. 2 Commander Of U.S. Nuclear Forces. Read more then

Top nuclear missile commanders fired

It was on its face disturbing, even shocking news – two military officials in charge of the nation’s nuclear arsenal sacked within days of each other.

But Major General Michael Carey and Vice Admiral Tim Giardina (fired amidst rumors of misbehavior involving alcohol and gambling) are just the latest in a recent rash of firings in the military’s top ranks.

The firings come as leadership in the military try to send a message of “zero tolerance” when it comes to bad behavior.

The military has been here before – last fall a string of incidents involving improper behavior among top brass resulted in then Defense Secretary Leon Panetta ordering a review of ethics standards.

Washington Free Beacon:

The Obama administration has drafted a plan to shutter an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) squadron three years after it assured hesitant lawmakers that the New START U.S.-Russia arms reduction treaty would not lead to deep cuts in the ICBM force.

The administration’s plan would also shrink the ICBM force below the mandated numbers. The Air Force previously said it planned to reduce its number of ICBMs from 450 to a baseline of 420 under New START

A new timeline prepared by the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon maps out a strategy to eliminate an ICBM squadron—and destroy its missile silos—by Dec. 5, 2017.

“There was some talk around this town about making deep reductions to the ICBM force,” Baucus said in the press release. “We made it clear to the president that was unacceptable, and fought hard to make sure the START Treaty recognized the critical role that ICBMs play in U.S. national security.”

Analysts say they are particularly troubled by the proposed destruction of the missile silos, a likely permanent move that is not required by New START. They say the silos would be difficult to rebuild if the military needs to bolster its ICBM force in the future.

“If you destroy the silos, it would be much harder to rebuild them […] and very politically difficult,” said Michaela Dodge, a defense analyst at the Heritage Foundation.

Shutting down a squadron would eliminate 50 ICBMs, 66 percent more than the prior Air Force proposal.

The ICBM coalition introduced an amendment on Friday that would block the administration from destroying emptied ICBM silos.

Defense experts say the proposed eliminations would be detrimental to U.S. national security.

“We see that Russia is modernizing and building up its nuclear weapons program; we don’t have that good of an understanding of how many weapons China has; we had recently a North Korea nuclear weapons test,” Dodge said. “So international trends are against us and we are sending the wrong signal by continuing reduction despite these international developments.” More at Washington Free Beacon

President Obama Signs the New START Treaty

President Barack Obama signs the instrument of ratification of the New START Treaty in the Oval Office, Feb. 2, 2011. Participants include, from left: Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen; Energy Secretary Steven Chu; Defense Secretary Robert Gates; Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton; Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.; Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind.; Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.; Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss.; Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H.; and Vice President Joe Biden. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

White House:

You can read the Treaty (pdf) and Protocol (pdf) themselves, but here’s a quick overview from our fact sheet at the time:

Strategic Offensive Reductions:  Under the Treaty, the U.S. and Russia will be limited to significantly fewer strategic arms within seven years from the date the Treaty enters into force.  Each Party has the flexibility to determine for itself the structure of its strategic forces within the aggregate limits of the Treaty.  These limits are based on a rigorous analysis conducted by Department of Defense planners in support of the 2010 Nuclear Posture Review.

12 Responses to “Obama lies again – plans to close ICBM Squadron”

  1. Jon Davis Says:

    Actually reducing to 400 icbms is smart strategy. This will allow us to deploy 12 Ohio subs with 20 slbms each for a total of 240, and 60 nuclear capable bombers. This brings us to the 700 limit for deployed delivery vehicles under New START. Furthermore, we could retain all of our Ohio slbm tubes and keep 96 in a non-deployed status and 4 more non-deployed nuclear bombers to bring us to the 800 deployed and non-deployed delivery vehicles. I think this is much better than keeping too many icbms. Slbms are much more valuable than icbms, we can deploy 8 – 12 mirvs on slbms vs. 1 – 3 mirvs on icbms.

    Like

    • bunkerville Says:

      I take you at your word, however, full disclosure of the pros and cons needs to happen. In other words an open regime,

      Like

  2. Administration Plans to Cut ICBMs | Prepper Podcast Radio Network Says:

    […] Obama lies again – plans to close ICBM Squadron […]

    Like

  3. Steve Dennis Says:

    Imagine that! Obama lied, who woulda thunk it? This is becoming a pattern. A depressing day all around.

    Like

    • bunkerville Says:

      I couldn’t bring myself to post about the nuclear option that will stack the D.C. court. Imagine that.. The court that will approve all of his administrative actions. To think I mentioned it just the other day over at your place as a win of the GOP and holding.

      Like

  4. Petermc3 Says:

    The seemingly unstoppable progressive agenda keeps chugging down the track. Where are the opposition party statesmen shouting for all to hear what the destroyer is up to? They too must watch Bill O’Reilly who, on a nightly basis tells his audience that Obeyme is a good man with good intentions for the folks.

    Like

    • bunkerville Says:

      Agree totally. While we are consumed by the nightmare health bill, his other policies of destruction are in overdrive.

      Like

  5. Conservatives on Fire Says:

    “It takes a village”, right? We are just one big one-world family where all cultures and all nations are equal and will live in harmony with the rainbow colored unicorns.

    Once again we are on similar wavelengths.

    Like

    • bunkerville Says:

      While we are distracted….

      Like

  6. Brittius Says:

    Reblogged this on Brittius.com.

    Like

    • bunkerville Says:

      Thanks again. Keep up the work to spread the news, Time is running short,

      Like

      • Brittius Says:

        You’re welcome.
        Yes.., time is, running short…

        Like


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: