Oh this is going to get good. It’s going to give a lot of people heart burn. Who else is nervous? Ben Rhodes says investigating origin of Russia probe ‘Waste of Time’ really? Ben has his own problems big time.
Senior officials, including Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Jacob Sullivan, and FBI official E.W. Priestap, will now have to answer to Judicial Watch.
Fed Judge Authorizes Judicial Watch to Depose Ben Rhodes IN PERSON After He Defies Court Order to Answer Written Questions Under Oath
Enter Mr. Rhodes: Who has a masters in fiction from NYU. An aspiring writer.
For some background on Rhodes a Foreign Policy post:
The profile of one Ben Rhodes running in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine is not unsympathetic, which makes it all the more devastating.
Perhaps the key sentence is this: “His lack of conventional real-world experience of the kind that normally precedes responsibility for the fate of nations — like military or diplomatic service, or even a master’s degree in international relations, rather than creative writing — is still startling.”
Rhodes’ official title in the Obama administration was Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications, and he played key roles in numerous foreign policy decisions. He took heat in 2016 when he boasted in a New York Times profile of creating an “echo chamber” to sell the Iran nuclear deal and mocked Washington, D.C., reporters.
Former Obama Advisor: Investigating Origin of Russia Probe ‘Waste of Time’
So here is the latest interview from the fiction writer:
In the aftermath of the final Mueller report release, Ben Rhodes, Former Deputy National Security Advisor to President Obama, speaks about the Christopher Steele dossier and the origins of the Trump campaign and Russia collusion investigation. Rhodes said U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr and the Justice Department “will find nothing” that shows former President Obama or White House staff had any political “involvement” in the origins of the Trump campaign and Russia collusion investigation during Obama’s time in office.
Obama hack Ben Rhodes was ordered by Judge Royce Lamberth to answer questions under oath about the Benghazi scandal — but he defied the court order.
Even worse, the State Department and Justice Department were objecting to Judicial Watch who then sought an in-person interview with Mr. Rhodes – but Judicial Watch never backed down and won!
In January, Judicial Watch submitted a court-ordered discovery plan seeking depositions of Obama-era officials connected to the Benghazi scandal, including Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes.
The discovery plan stems from a December, 2018 ruling by Judge Royce Lamberth ordering the State Department and DOJ to submit discovery in three areas.
Judge Lamberth called Hillary Clinton’s use of the private email server “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”
Back in January we learn the breath-taking amount of info the Judge is allowing.
Via Judicial Watch:
Judicial Watch announced today that United States District Judge Royce C. Lamberth ruled that discovery can begin in Hillary Clinton’s email scandal. Obama administration senior State Department officials, lawyers and Clinton aides will now be deposed under oath. Senior officials, including Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Jacob Sullivan, and FBI official E.W. Priestap, will now have to answer Judicial Watch’s written questions under oath.
The court rejected the DOJ and State Department’s objections to Judicial Watch’s court-ordered discovery plan. (The court, in ordering a discovery plan last month, ruled that the Clinton email system was “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”)
Judicial Watch’s discovery will seek answers to:
- Whether Clinton intentionally attempted to evade the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by using a non-government email system;
- whether the State Department’s efforts to settle this case beginning in late 2014 amounted to bad faith; and
- whether the State Department adequately searched for records responsive to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request.
Discovery is scheduled to be completed within 120 days. The court will hold a post-discovery hearing to determine if Judicial Watch may also depose additional witnesses, including Clinton and her former Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills.
The Judicial Watch discovery plan was in response to a December 6, 2018, ruling by Judge Lamberth.
Incredibly, Justice Department attorneys admit in a filing opposing Judicial Watch’s limited discovery that “Counsel for State contacted the counsel of some third parties that Plaintiff originally included in its draft discovery proposal to obtain their client’s position on being deposed.”
This collusion occurred despite criticism from the Court that the DOJ engaged in “chicanery” to cover up misconduct and that career employees in the State and Justice Departments may have “colluded to scuttle public scrutiny of Clinton, skirt FOIA, and hoodwink this Court.”
The Judicial Watch piece is worth going over for the full read.
Thanks to WhatFingerNews for the coverage! A great site for all the news.