The “Open Society”
The notion of an open society was first conceived by the French philosopher Henri Bergson in 1932. An Austrian-born British philosopher named Karl Popper developed it further after World War II. How we should define a closed society, according to Bergson, is one closed to open-mindedness, either in law or religion.
Popper defined it as a society that evolves from its tribal instincts (social tradition) to a depersonalized society —one where we dispense with face-to-face transactions and one in
which the government must be responsive to all our demands and operate based on transparency and flexibility. This may almost seem like utopia. The notion of transparency seems reasonable, but should citizens demand that every government action be revealed to the general public? Politicians like to talk about transparency, but only when it suits members of congress personally. To me, “Open Society” seems several steps beyond the collectivist (i.e., communist) state.
One further note about Popper: he believed that no one could suppress the ideas of individuality and humanitarianism once people became aware of them —so that it would be impossible for an open society to return to a closed society.
It sounds nice.
Yet, as with all really nice-sounding ideas about how we can all find ways to get along, Bergson’s and Popper’s notions can be and have been corrupted. Today, the primary advocate of the Open Society is none other than George Soros, who founded the Open Society Foundation.
There are clearly two sides to George Soros: that which he heralds, and that which he indeed supports. On paper, Soros embraces a vibrant, tolerant society whose government is accountable to the people and open to their participation.
He claims a desire to strengthen the rule of law in such areas as respect for human rights, minorities, diversity of opinion, democratic elections. He wants a civil society that helps keep government power in check. Toward these goals, the Open Society Foundation seeks to shape public policy toward assuring greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems. He wants to safeguard fundamental rights. These are George Soros’ stated goals.
What George Soros actually does, however, is something quite different. Some have claimed that Soros organized and funded as many as 206 organizations. I’m not able to say that this is true, but he has funded more than a few organizations, either directly or through his Open Society Foundation. Each of these have published seemingly worthwhile mission statements, but all of these are committed to goals and projects that support the progressive/neo-Marxist agenda. The Open Society Foundation pretends to address social problems, but there is very little disclosure about the kind of society it hopes to create. Let’s look at a few of these organizations, and then you can decide for yourself how worthwhile they are:
- The advancement Project, seeking or organize communities of color. One may recall that Obama was a community organizer and here we may see for the first time the original link between Obama and Soros.
- Al Haq is an NGO that focuses on accusing Israel of human rights abuses.
- Alliance for Justice, an activist agency that recently manufactured lies and uncorroborated accusations against Judge Bret Kavanaugh.
- America Coming Together coordinates and organizes pro-Democrat voter mobilization efforts. I suspect that they may have branch offices in every graveyard in America’s bluest states.
- America’s Voice, an open borders group supporting comprehensive immigration reform, amnesty for illegal aliens, and the establishment of sanctuary cities (and states).
- American Bridge 21st Century is a Super PAC that conducts “opposition research.”
- New America, focusing on public policy, national security, technology, asset building, health matters, gender, energy, education, and the US economy. Google’s Executive Chairman heads this organization’s board of directors: who better to develop technology to spy on the American people?
- Black Lives Matter, which is an international activist movement that focuses on systemic racism.
- Media Matters for America, a propaganda arm of the Open Society Foundation. Its mission is the comprehensively monitor, analyze, and correct conservative misinformation. Discovering its relationship with CNN, MSNBC, and other far-left media groups would be quite interesting; my guess is that this is where FAKE NEWS comes from.
- Center for Public Integrity, an investigative journalism organization intended to reveal abuses of power, corruption, and dereliction of duty by powerful public and private institutions. Since we have not seen an exposé of the overwhelming corruption of Maxine Waters, we should probably assume that these journalists only investigate members of the GOP.
The primary benefactor to each of these Soros organized or funded efforts is none other than the party of Andrew Jackson—the one political entity in the United States that embraces Marxism in all its forms and has since the presidency of Woodrow Wilson: The Democratic National Party.
Whenever Soros claims to support fundamental human rights, he’s speaking about open borders —which no conservative in his right mind can support while remaining an American traditionalist. Soros also claims to support the idea that all societies should be free to participate fully in civic, economic, and cultural life —unless one happens to belong to the other party, in which case the so-called Anti-FA thugs (black or brown shirts) show up to intimidate you into sitting down and shutting up.
Soros claims as a goal to hold those in power accountable for their actions —unless they are dyed-in-the-wool Democratic fascists who seek to increase the size of government and its control over the people, through legislation, taxation, and anti-American amendments to the United States Constitution (and its Amendments).
Hence, Soros’ statement that his Open Society Foundation seeks to respond quickly and flexibly to the most critical threats to an Open Society. This may explain why people appeared at Tucker Carlson’s house after dark and tried to batter down his front door, terrorizing his wife.
My conclusion is that George Soros’ Open Society Foundation is fake. Bergson and Popper may have created these ideas under the noblest of motivations, which I believe are unnecessary in American society, but it has been hijacked by communists for their own purposes. One cannot help but notice how the missions and values of the Soros organizations are constructed in such a way as to form the greatest appeal to the young and under-educated: identity politics is now the primary mantra of the Democratic Party and this is no mere coincidence.