Do you wonder where these marchers against the Police have come from? They are our own school based indoctrinated children who are being taught to hate cops. Let me take you back in my way back machine and drag out an old post. Yes, our man Van Jones is giving it to us under the guise of Common Core. Posted December, 2010.
A new Human Rights Curriculum that was recently introduced to middle schools and high schools all across New York is a disservice to students because it wastes precious instruction time which would be more wisely spent on academic fundamentals. Big Government
LESSON GRADE LEVEL:
- 9 – 12 and Higher Education
HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES:
- Justice, Fair Treatment
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Know who Van Jones is and why he is a human rights defender.
- Understand the issue of police brutality within the U.S. and internationally.
- Understand the impact media has in advancing a position or perspective on an issue.
- Understand the connection between policies and financing policy positions.
- Examine the roles of oppression and repression and police brutality.
- Drawing inferences
- Making conclusions
- Researching, organizing and interpreting information
- Inquiry and critical thinking
- Group discussion
- Interview with Van Jones from Speak Truth to Power: http://blogs.nysut.org/sttp/defenders/van-jones/
- Lessons from a Killing by Van Jones.
- Instruct the students to read the Van Jones interview from Speak Truth to Power and to read the article Lessons from a Killing.
- Ask the students to respond to the following questions:
- What is excessive force? Is there a base standard or is it situational?
- The Aaron Williams case happened 15 years ago. Do you think the situation has changed? Explain?
- Identify three strategies regarding work with the media that Van Jones implemented in order to achieve justice for Aaron Williams.
- Did Van Jones believe all police to be racist?
Read the complete “lesson Plan” Here
Need a little more? Try this post:
March 28, 2011
Let the indoctrination begin…
Former Vice President, Nobel Laureate and junk scientist Al Gore will give the keynote address next month to 10,000 youth activists at the Power Shift 2011 conference in Washington DC.
Van Jones and EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson will speak to the youths too. (Power Shift 2011)
For four days, young leaders will come together for Power Shift 2011 — a historic summit where activists will get the skills they need to create clean and just energy solutions in communities around the country and around the world.
The brainwash summit will be held in April PR Newswire reported:
Val Jar with her best bud as she brought Van Jones into their den of vipers.