It took two foreign sources to demonstrate this inane U.S. policy in Libya. First we have the fall of Tripoli. Of course to these animal primitives Islamic whatever. Obama was determined for the Muslim Brotherhood come into power. But it now gets worse. We do nothing. So UAE and Egypt take it upon themselves to try to rid Libya of these terrorists because they are bright enough to figure out they are coming their way next and wait, don’t we want the advancement of ISIS to stop? So pick up the next story in which the U.S. and Europe condemns “outside interference”. Try and make sense of this one. Was it because Lurch was not told or involved?
UAE and Egypt behind bombing raids against Libyan militias, say US officials
US officials have claimed the United Arab Emirates and Egypt were behind several air strikes on Islamist militias in Libya last week, in what would be an escalation of a regional power-play between Islamists and opposing governments across the Middle East.
UAE pilots flying out of Egyptian airbases allegedly twice targeted Islamist fighters vying to take control of the Libyan capital, Tripoli, last week, several US officials claimed to the New York Times, and later to the AFP news agency. Speaking to the Guardian, a US official confirmed the reports were plausible.
The air strikes failed to stop Islamist militias from capturing Tripoli later in the week, announcing a new breakaway regime and forcing Libya’s elected government to flee to the eastern city of Tobruk.
US, Europe condemn Libya violence -ED: Funny, I didn’t see this in the MSM
The United States and European allies have issued a warning on Libya, condemning the ‘escalation’ in violence there while cautioning against outside meddling. The group of nations called for an immediate ceasefire.
The statement, signed by the governments of France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States, warned that outside interference in Libya would worsen divisions and slow down any hope of a democratic transition in the country. (Chuckle time.)
The New York Times, citing unnamed American officials, reported that neighboring Egypt and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have launched airstrikes against Islamists in Libya twice over the past week.
The US and EU governments “strongly condemn the escalation of fighting and violence in and around Tripoli, Benghazi, and across Libya, especially against residential areas, public facilities, and critical infrastructure, by both land attack and airstrikes,” the statement said.
Local media said members of the old General National Congress had agreed to reconvene at the behest of Islamist militias from the western city of Misrata, who seized control of Tripoli’s airport from rivals fighters from Zintan on Saturday.
The Islamist militias have attempted to tighten their grip on power in the capital after claiming the airport and forcing rivals to withdraw. The fighting began after the June elections, in which Islamist candidates lost the parliament, and renegade general Khalifa Hifter began a military campaign against Islamist-allied militias in Libya’s second-largest city, Benghazi.
More at DW.DE