Obamacare sends voter registration cards to over 3 millions California applicants

A California couple contacted ABC News 10 after they received a voter registration card from Covered California marked for the Democratic Party.

 A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state’s Obamacare website, Covered California. Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an “x” in the box next to Democratic Party.

The couple – who did not want their identity revealed – received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements President Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

They have lived in La Mesa for years and they have always been registered to vote Republican. Now, they are perplexed as to how the voter registration card pre-marked Democrat ended up in their mailbox.

“I’m an old guy and I never would have noticed it, except I have an accountant that notices every dot and dash on a piece of paper as a wife,” said the man who received the mailer.

Covered California began mailing out voter signup cards to nearly 4 million enrollees last week after being threatened with a lawsuit by voting rights groups. But that does not explain the pre-filled out voter registration card.

From Gateway Pundit Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, March 29, 2014, 7:38 PM

Rush Limbaugh (3/25/14): “And the longer it is in play, the deeper the tentacles of Obamacare sink throughout the bowels of our society.” Rush of course told us so.

Obama main worry is NYC getting nuked – so slashed DHS security funding

Yesiree,  Obama’s really worried about Manhattan. So what has he done other than to paint a target on NYC? Why he slashed the Coast Guard units that protect it among other things.

“Russia’s actions are a problem. They don’t pose the No. 1 national security threat to the United States. I continue to be much more concerned when it comes to our security with the prospect of a nuclear weapon going off in Manhattan,” the president said.

Meanwhile, let’s us take a look back at Obama’s past actions to insure the lack of security for our ports, and NYC in particular. Sources at bottom of the post:

October 5, 2010

The Obama administration will announce today it has slashed anti-terror funds for New York City, despite the attempted Times Square bombing less than two weeks ago that underscored the enormous threat to the city.

The Department of Homeland Security informed New York officials yesterday that grants to the city were cut 27 percent for mass transit security and 25 percent for port security.

The mass transit funds dropped $42 million, from $153 million last year to $111 this year.

Port security funds suffered a $11.2 million cut, from $45 million to $33.8 million, officials said.

The timing of the announcement drew howls from New York lawmakers on Capitol Hill, whose recent pleas for increased anti-terror spending in the Big Apple – along with the same plea from Mayor Bloomberg – fell flat.

They said the Times Square bomb attempt shows that New York remains the top target for terrorists and that the city deserves the lion’s share of federal spending on security.

“For the administration to announce these cuts two weeks after the attempted Times Square bombing shows they just don’t get it and are not doing right by New York City on anti-terrorism funding,” Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said.

Read more: More at New York Post

Cutting the Coast Guards elite team that patrols our ports.

At a recent hearing, Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), ranking member on the committee, said she was shocked that the Obama administration’s budget for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2011 cuts funding for the U.S. Coast Guard while asking for $200 million for security for the Sheikh Mohammed trial.

When asked by ranking minority leader Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) why the DHS budget spends money on securing the trials of terrorists in the U.S. while cutting funding for U.S. Coast Guard, Napolitano defended the Obama administration’s stance on the matter.

Collins said “Decommissioning part of the Coast Guard’s 13th elite maritime security safety teams that protect waterfront cities makes absolutely no sense given the threats to our ports,” adding that she believed the Senate would not fund security for terror trials in the U.S.

Coast Guard commandant Papp, the new head honcho also calls for cuts to the Coast Guard’s largest homeland security operation, which patrols critical infrastructure and other sensitive security structures on or near waterways. And he would decrease the number of specialized units stationed in key coastal areas where an attack could be devastating.

“In view of the fiscal horizon, we must make bold and systematic strategic decisions,” New Coast Guard Head Papp wrote in the memo, dated Nov. 10, 2009.

In the memo, Coast Guard Commandant Papp said he wants to eliminate teams that are trained to respond to and prevent terror attacks. These teams also train other Coast Guard forces on counterterrorism operations.

The memo, marked “sensitive — for internal Coast Guard use only,” was obtained by The Associated Press.

Obama has already proposed closing five of the 12 specialized units in 2011.

Papp’s outline is significant because it could mean major changes for the more than 200-year-old agency that took on substantial homeland security duties after Sept. 11, 2001. Obama’s 2011 proposed budget cuts for the Coast Guard have already caused outrage from some lawmakers.

 Coast Guard Papp wants to slash Homeland misson

Obama guts homeland security-mainly NYC

Janet Napolitano not consulted on terror trials

Shock verdict in D.C. Man guilty of having muzzleloader bullets

Here is the bottom line: In a surprising twist at the end of a long trial, a District of Columbia judge found Mark Witaschek guilty of “attempted possession of unlawful ammunition” for antique replica muzzleloader bullets. This case went on for years. Eric Holder and crew must be pleased that their vengeful souls could put fear in the heart of a gun loving Citizen. The story is bizarre, but this cuts to the chase.

The D.C. government is treating the case of a businessman possessing ammunition without a gun like the great murder trial of 2014.

The Metropolitan Police Department raided Mr. Witaschek’s raided his Georgetown house twice in the summer of 2012 on the word of his angry ex-wife. Frustrated with not finding the promised firearms, the police handcuffed him, searched his home top to bottom and came out with only ammunition, which carries the same felony penalty as a firearm.

From the Washington Times story: (Click here for more details of the raids from my first story on his case.)

After entering the house, the police immediately went upstairs, pointed guns at the heads of Mr. Witaschek and his girlfriend, Bonnie Harris, and demanded they surrender, facedown and be handcuffed.

In recalling what followed, Mr. Witaschek became visibly emotional in describing how the police treated him, Ms. Harris and the four children in the house.

His 16-year-old son was in the shower when the police arrived. “They used a battering ram to bash down the bathroom door and pull him out of the shower, naked,” said his father. “The police put all the children together in a room, while we were handcuffed upstairs. I could hear them crying, not knowing what was happening”

The police shut down the streets for blocks and spent more than two hours going over every inch of his house. “They tossed the place,” said Mr. Witaschek. He provided photos that he took of his home after the raid to document the damage, which he estimated at $10,000.

Mr. Witaschek told me this week, “Since the night my home was invaded and family terrorized by a militarized D.C. police force, I am more afraid of what government is doing than I am of any of the people I encountered when I spent my time in jail.

The city has spent almost two years and countless resources prosecuting Mark Witaschek for having a single shotgun shell and muzzleloader bullets. His trial, which began in November, hit an all-time low for absurdity Wednesday.

On March 26th Mark Witaschek’s trial over his possession of a shotgun shell in his Washington, D.C., home took a turn, and he was found guilty of “attempted possession of unlawful ammunition” over 25 muzzleloader bullets which were also in his house – these are lead and copper bullets without primers.

In other words, they are inert; one could hit them with a hammer or throw them into a fire and there would be no explosion because such bullets have no gunpowder encased behind them.

The experience:

Outside the courtroom, I asked Mr. Witaschek how he felt about the verdict. “I’m completely outraged by it,” he said. “This is just a continuation of the nightmare. Just to sit there. I could not believe it.”

His wife Bonnie Witaschek was crying. “It’s just so scary,” she said. “You never think you’ll end up in a situation like this, but here we are.”

Mr. Witaschek’s attorney Howard X. McEachern shook his client’s hand and said, “We’re not done.” Mr. McEachern plans to appeal the decision.

Before sentencing, Mr. Witaschek addressed the judge.

“I’ve never been arrested in my life up until this incident,” he said, his voice cracking with emotion. “My use of firearms is strictly recreational. I’ve never had any criminal intent.”

The businessman asked for leniency so that he would not lose his license to practice his financial management company.

“I run the risk of losing my job, my occupation, as a result of this conviction,” he said. “I ask the court not to add to that burden of what’s already been done to my life over the last two years.”

The nation’s capitol is overrun with criminals, yet the police and prosecutors continue to waste time and resources to go after law abiding people who inadvertently cross the ridiculous firearms laws. Good people are being destroyed by these vengeful prosecutions.

Click here to read about the first half of the day of trial when Mr. Witaschek took the stand in his own defense.

 

Read more: Washington Times for one of the most bizarre cases yet concerning our Second Amendment rigths.

Will the U.S. defend Europe once again?

If anyone thinks that Putin will stop with Crimea, good luck with that. If I were living in Europe I would be sweating bullets. But no doubt most think we will be around to save their sorry you know what. With the feckless policies of Hillary Clinton, Obama and no doubt the Rasputin like Valerie Jarrett who is pulling most of the strings, just how prepared is Nato? Let us go down memory lane. Of course, the memory lane would not be complete without a clip of Chamberlain and his excitement over his appeasement with Hitler.

Back in October, 2011, I posted this U.S. is concerned by UK and Europe Defense Cuts

With the defence negotiations in near deadlock over about £1bn of cuts, the heads of all three armed services met the prime minister in Downing Street on Thursday to raise the alarm over the dangers of such a tight settlement.

Their warnings were amplified by Hillary Clinton, US secretary of state, and Robert Gates, US defence secretary, who made public their worries over cuts across Nato.

Members of the organization are asked to spend 2 per cent of national income on defence.

Mr Gates expressed his fear that the US would be called upon more often to cover Nato capability gaps. “As nations deal with their economic problems, we must guard against the hollowing out of alliance military capability by spending reductions that cut too far into muscle,” he said.How psychic was that! More at CNBC

Simply amazing as I look back on my post on October 2011. Both Clinton and Gates knew that the NATO members were slashing budgets, yet as well knew that a $1.38 Billion headquarters was about to begin construction. Read the whole thing over at the Spectator if you have the stomach for all of this weird stuff.

“It is somewhat ironic that NATO breaks ground on its new headquarters at the same time the fundamental sinews binding the alliance together are coming apart,” says Marko Papic, a senior analyst at Stratfor, a global intelligence analysis firm based in Austin.

New $1.3 Billion headquarters just beginning construction

With policymakers on both sides of the Atlantic slashing public spending and searching for ways to reduce military budgets, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization has just begun construction of a splendiferous new $1.38 billion headquarters on a 100-acre site in Brussels. Designed by Chicago architects Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, renowned for luxurious commercial buildings including the tallest in the world, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the futuristic new NATO offices will feature eight sweeping wings covering 2.7 million square feet. Glass-walled elevators overlooking cavernous atriums showering natural light. Ecologically correct grass growing on the roof. Seventeen conference rooms. A range of amenities from cafeterias, restaurants, and banks, to shopping, sport, and leisure facilities. Pentagon staffers, eat your hearts out.

How did this all go down with Hitler? Sound familiar?

 

Bunkerville returns to life!

Many many thanks for the concern about  Bunkerville going dark for a great period. I fled the Bunker for warmer climes for the winter, and found a respite from the woes for the world and the need to energize, seductive in removing myself from the news that gets more grim by the day.

That, and not having a direct connection to the internet, and the requirement to make reservations at the local library for time was the last hurdle I could not overcome.

I now have a direct connection, a permanent home and now look forward to getting back in the fray.Thanks to all for keeping up the good fight. Even the most moribund need to come to life now that the news arrived that Obama plans on giving away control of the Internet. With the juices flowing again, I look forward to visiting all  of my dear fellow bloggers who are much more than that.

Thanks again, and I apologize for not filling in the blank spot.

%d bloggers like this: